Written by Jennifer Evans, Executive Legal Recruiter
It is that time year again. A time of reflection and goal setting. Are you asking yourself – is 2020 the year I should take the next step in my career? If so, you are not alone, and I realize this is not an easy question to answer. So, how do you decide?
Here is a quick assessment that can help –
- In 2019, can you describe 2-3 key accomplishments where you have made a significant contribution?
- What new skills did you learn last year?
- Do you foresee an opportunity to take on increased responsibilities in 2020?
- Are you motivated to go to work 4-out-5 days a week?
- Does your current leadership inspire you?
- Do you feel that your contributions are valued?
For long-term career success, it is important that you are continuing to excel and grow. Firms are seeking career-minded professionals who have a proven track record of contributing and advancing in their field of work.
If you are feeling under-utilized, or uninspired, then 2020 might be the year.
If you are seeking career coaching or have questions regarding making a career transition, please reach out to me at email@example.com.